Note names for open strings

In a diagram, is there any way to display the note name for open strings?

For instance, I'm marking out the C major scale and I want to indicate the D, G, and B notes on the open string with their appropriate names (or maybe intervals later).

~Danny

Hi Danny

There sure is a way to show open strings as either pitch or intervals.

Simply bring up the inspector for the fretboard in question (right click it or press CTRL+I), then from the 'Board' tab check the box labelled 'Draw Notes / Intervals on Open Strings'.

To select whether Notes or Intervals are displayed, use the 'Note Marker Labels' dropdown on the same page. Here is a screenshot.

The markers on open strings are currently smaller than on the fretboard but this is set to change in the next release.

I hope that answers your questions but feel free to reply should you need anything else.

Kind regards
    Dean Cross
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. (Sorry it took me so long to get back on!)

I see that a similar method allows me to darken in the circles used for open strings. What if I only wanted to darken in one string?

Hi Danny

I'm afraid you can't have an unfilled / hollow open string marker and display the note / interval, not in this version anyway. This is set to change in a future version though.

You can however change the colour of open string markers independently. Just double click the note marker you want to change (or select it and press CTRL+I) to bring up the Note Inspector, under the Colour section use the Override Colour option.

Plus there's the Draw Outline Around Note option to help differentiate the note markers.

Hope that helps
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Danny : You can also try a custom label in the note inspector (in the style section). Choose the open note and type a capital O as in Ok. You can also pick a different color using the overide. Mine shows as a black circle with O in the middle.

Paul

Thread Information