PDA

View Full Version : Custom color usage?

spinality
01-08-2017, 01:32 AM
I can't seem to figure out how to use custom colors properly. When I "add to custom colors" this usually overwrites the first color slot. If I click another slot, this overrides my currently selected color. I don't want to type the color in manually because I'm frequently obtaining the color by clicking on an existing note and viewing its color. I then want to add THAT color to the custom color list. No doubt I'm just missing something obvious.

On a slightly-related topic, can I change a note from solid to hollow and vice-versa? This doesn't seem to be exposed in the inspector. I frequently create diagrams by copying and modifying existing ones, and often this means changing visual attributes like color, outline, solid/hollow, etc.

Thanks if you can clarify.

Dean
01-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Hi Trevor

Unfortunately there is an issue with the platform ND runs on whereby colours don't appear to be saving to what you call the 'custom colour list'. The 3rd party vendor has since updated said platform and we will add support for this feature in due course.

With regards to the changing note marker shapes... ND2 will see a new tab in the Inspector for quickly editing note markers. In the meantime it's a case of simply selecting the note marker shape you need and clicking on each note marker on the fretboard that you wish to change. A little extra effort I admit, but the styling and marker label (note, interval, fingering etc.) should remain in tact, so you don't need to start from scratch as such.

I hope this answers your questions but please let me know if I've misunderstood or can help with anything else.

Thanks
Dean

spinality
01-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks much, that is helpful. I figured it was probably related to a third-party control. I didn't realize note styling would persist, that is useful. Thanks again for such a great tool.

Dean
01-10-2017, 09:29 PM
No problem at all, glad to of helped out with one part of your question.

And as I said, the custom colour list/palette tool will be supported in due course. Thank you for your continued support and understanding with that.

Dean