PDA

View Full Version : Chord diagrams in Scale Generator

soolan
02-18-2017, 08:39 PM
I'd like to see an option for the ability to add an <ie> E Chord for the E Shape scale generator. A D chord for the D Shape etc.
Thanks in advance.

Dean
02-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Hi there - welcome to the forum

If I'm interpreting this correctly; you'd like ND to automatically creat a chord box showing relevant CAGED chord when using the Scale Generator. So you tell the SG to draw an E Ionian using the E CAGED shape and next to that fretbaord ND would place another fretbaord with the E chord, right?

Hmmm, or maybe you'd simply like chords to be available in the SG too?

I think we've already been asked for the first option and already have a ticket logged to introduce this in a future version. Likewise a chord generator / library is something we're really keen to add.

Do let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards
Dean

soolan
02-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi there - welcome to the forum

If I'm interpreting this correctly; you'd like ND to automatically creat a chord box showing relevant CAGED chord when using the Scale Generator. So you tell the SG to draw an E Ionian using the E CAGED shape and next to that fretbaord ND would place another fretbaord with the E chord, right?

Hmmm, or maybe you'd simply like chords to be available in the SG too?

I think we've already been asked for the first option and already have a ticket logged to introduce this in a future version. Likewise a chord generator / library is something we're really keen to add.

Do let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards
Dean

Hi Dean, you replied before I could delete the request. There would be no room with the chord being there for the Scale but I do like the idea of a Chord Generator. Thanks.

kn4ud
10-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Chord generator would be nice feature.

Dean
10-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Chord generator would be nice feature.

Hi and welcome to the forum. One of the most requested features so definitely something we'll be supporting in a future version.

stevenclements
06-24-2019, 01:28 PM
I'm glad to hear you're going to add a chord generator! I often use https://jguitar.com/ as the graphics can be very useful. One thing that's missing on that side is the ability to add fingering, notes, and chord degree (R, 3, 5, 7 etc) to the diagram. I think neckdiagrams could fix that by allowing all three to be displayed in the chord graphic which is incredibly helpful as a teaching tool.

thanks so much Dean for this fantastic program ;)