PDA

View Full Version : few requests if i may?

monkeyballs82
01-18-2018, 10:14 AM
hey guys

thanks for the awesome software. Been using it since your first release.
I have a few requests for future versions

1. When ND opens all the projects and folders in the diagram gallery section (to the left of the screen) are by default always all open. This means you have to scroll down loads of diagrams and projects to get to where you want to be. any way to create a feature where you can opt for projects to be automatically collapsed?

2. Store your ND library folder on dropbox?
This would mean you can make diagrams on one machine and them be available on a different machine. I have an iMac in home office, one at studio and mb pro. If i make a diagram on one machine i need to copy the dam thing to 2 other machines and its a ball ache. Also when importing you only seem to be able to do it one at a time? Takes forever!!!

3. different interval extensions for different documents?
it would be cool if in the inspector window we could select if we want standard intervals or extended (i.e. 9th 11th 13th) for each document and not be the general settings for the whole program. I make sheets for beginners and jazz students and its a pain in the arse having to keep switching in the preferences menu before printing.

4.Option to turn diagram into landscape!!

Thanks again guys for the great work, apologies if there are ways to do what I've pointed out already

regards
Tom

Dean
01-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Hi Tom

Thanks for the suggestions. Please find my replies below

1. When ND opens all the projects and folders in the diagram gallery section (to the left of the screen) are by default always all open. This means you have to scroll down loads of diagrams and projects to get to where you want to be. any way to create a feature where you can opt for projects to be automatically collapsed?

Agreed! That's why we're adding a 'saved-state' on closing ND. That is, the DG folder structure will open in the same state as when the app was shutdown - so users can continue right where they left things.

2. Store your ND library folder on dropbox?

Already in progress for future release. In fact, you'll be able to chose where you want your workspace to be stored. FYI, you can copy drag files/folder from the DG straight to a Dropbox folder now and quickly import on the second machine - it's NOT going to sync with the workspaces - I'm just pointing out a quicker method for transferring files even if only for other forum users reading this.

3. different interval extensions for different documents?

Pretty sure we have a ticket logged for this already or something very similar. I'll hunt it out and add your comments.

4.Option to turn diagram into landscape!!

Already in for the next release. You know the workaround for creating landscape pages in the current version? Here's a link to thread just I case - http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/27-Creating-landscape-pages?highlight=landscape

Hopefully all things to look forward too

Regards
Dean

monkeyballs82
01-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Hi Dean

thanks for the swift reply! Looking forward to the next release :)
Have you guys got a date in mind?

regards
Tom

Dean
01-18-2018, 01:38 PM
I wish I did, Tom. However, we're not publicly announcing any dates just yet as we over shot these last time.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest signing up to our Newsletter to receive announcements and updates. Use the following link, Newsletter sign up is in sidebar on the right of the page - http://www.neckdiagrams.com/screencast

You can also Like our Facebook page if you'd prefer updates that way - www.facebook.com/neckdiagrams

Thanks
Dean