PDA

View Full Version : Changing the color of the fretboard

Skyblues
01-28-2018, 01:16 AM
Changing the color of the fretboard

I just got Neck Diagrams Pro and must say, I'm quite impressed. I can't remember how many hours I've spent over the years making diagrams of the scales and chords I wanted using a photo program.

I do have one question, though. Is there a way to change the fretboard color from yellow to a color that looks more like an actual fretboard? I know one can change fretboard color via the Windows Color selector but that's not what I'm looking for (unless anyone has found a color that is more like a guitar fretboard - some RGB that works).

For some reason, I find the default yellow color distracting.

Thanks,
Jim

Dean
01-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum.

Woody/Grainy style fretboards are coming in our next major release. A quick look around the froum should provide some inspritation for colour schemes in the interim.

Here'a a link to an example thread - http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/827-Custom-Diagram-at-ShredDead-Metal

Thanks
Dean

Skyblues
01-30-2018, 02:49 AM
In case anyone else is interested, after experimenting, I found something that may work OK as a darker fretboard ...

RGB 225, 147, 14

Dean
01-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this, Jim.

Skyblues
01-30-2018, 11:26 PM
I know I've said it before but I'll say it again ... this software is amazing!!!

I've written a lot of software in my years (not a lot in Java, though) but am experienced enough in software development to say that this software is truly a masterpiece and a work of art. I can see that a lot of thought went into this.

On to my question ...

I opened ShredDead's Custom Diagram Preferences (referenced above) which was apparently made in an earlier version of Neck Diagrams. I am trying to customize it (change 24 frets to 12 for one thing) and when I try to make changes, I am getting a java.lang.NullPointerException.

Is there a way I can modify his file 'ShredDead.fbd' to work in the current version?

Thanks,
Jim

Dean
02-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Hi Jim

Looks like an issue with page size more than anything else. Ive removed the log just to be sure - I don't believe there was any sensetive info in it though.

I'll take a look at and try to use the FDB in the latest version my end

Thanks
Dean

Justin
02-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Just had a look at the file, and it's a page size problem as Dean suggests.

I've uploaded a modified version of the file to that thread, over here (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/827-Custom-Diagram-at-ShredDead-Metal?p=2125&viewfull=1#post2125). Should work fine now!

Skyblues
02-19-2018, 03:03 AM
Thank you!