PDA

View Full Version : Linux Support

burnedfaceless
11-13-2018, 06:24 PM
My only operating system is Ubuntu 18.04. I have Windows 10 in a VM. So far I have been using WIndows 10 to create Neck Diagrams.

I would prefer to use Linux to do so.

The program installs fine and locks everything up. Does anyone know how to get it working?

Again I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and wine-3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1).

---
If Justin reads this - I really appreciate you posting my last comment. I'm one of those lowly web devs, so I'm not sure if I will create an open source version or not. I think I would be better off working as a dev, creating YouTube videos to get subscribers and eventually going to a dedicated site. I probably won't have the time to do it, I need to make money and I think if I'm playing and I can code why not do something with music and maybe get a chill life?

You wrote a good/useful piece of software. :D

Dean
11-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Hi Brian

Apologies for the delay in response. Justin wanted to reply personally but we're so busy finalising a major release for the New Year, he just hasn't got time to respond to support or forum posts. Sorry about that.

I'm sure you already know that we do not support or offer a Linux version of Neck Diagrams. Installations for supported platforms and operating systems can be downloaded via the following link - https://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

We have received a handful of requests and solutions from Linux users in the following post - https://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/44-neck-diagrams-for-linux?highlight=linux

Hopefully, something in that thread helps but by all means reach out and we'll try to help as best as we can

Best regards
Dean & The ND Team

Valente
03-08-2019, 01:26 PM
How many Linux users are there in the community anyway?

Dean
03-13-2019, 09:14 PM
How many Linux users are there in the community anyway?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Honestly, it looks like approx. ten on the forum and a few others who've contacted us directly. I think we'd probably struggle to count twenty. Maybe more will come to light when ND2 is released.

By all means, Linux users are more than welcome to raise there hand by replying here.

Thanks