PDA

View Full Version : Saved Diagram File Location

mercysakesalive
12-02-2018, 09:36 PM
I have Windows 10. I'd like to transfer my old diagrams over to my new computer. Where does Neck Diagrams save the neck diagrams that I built? Thank you for taking the time to help.

Dean
12-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Hi there

Post installation and registration - here's the easiest way to transfer your files.

navigate to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\NeckDiagrams Backups
locate the most recent zip file using either the file timestamp or Windows Explorer 'Date Modified' column
copy the zip file to a USB/external drive or cloud storage that you can access from the new PC
open ND on the new PC and simply drag n drop the zip file into the Diagram Gallery
the ZIP Import Wizard will open and you'll likely want to choose the Mirror ZIP Structure option to replicate the file structure

The above assumes you haven't altered the default location for the Automatic Backup feature. If you have, then simply replace the file path in step one with your chosen ND backup location.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Feel free to send me a PM instead of entering any personal details on the forum.

Best regards

MassGuitar
12-17-2018, 11:10 PM
In case you haven't located the files yet. ND stores the library in the following location:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\NeckDiagrams

Paste the following path in a file browser navigation bar and the location will open: %appdata%\NeckDiagrams

Dean
12-18-2018, 08:14 PM
For some reason my post on 12-03-2018 at 08:42 PM wasn't displaying to users, just moderators. My apologies should be fixed now.