PDA

View Full Version : Neck Diagrams 2: same file created with macos looks bad on Windows7

mindfieldx
05-09-2019, 05:44 PM
File created with macos looks very bad on Windows 7. Also fonts are the same and the file is the same.
I really can't edit it on windows this way
ND2 version 2.0.3

Kind regards,

Dean
05-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Hi there

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for taking the time to provide screenshots.

The title of each file suggests same screen resolution but there is a clear difference in the UI scaling between the two. The taskbar is visible on the Windows screenshot, for example. Mac OS renders a 72dpi whilst Windows uses 96dpi so that could the reasoning for that.

I also notice you're running Windows 7 in what I call is XP mode. Something easy on the visual experience in order to free up system resources and improve overall performance. That's just a skin/theme so I don't think that's the cause but we can try to tule it out.

If you could provide the actual FBD files (ND documents) we can test across our systems too. If you don't wish to share your work publicly on the forum you can send them via a forum private message.

Look forward to your reply

mindfieldx
05-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Thanks Dean,
I've just sent you a private message, btw looks like I am unable to send you the file as attachment

Thanks in advance

Dean
05-15-2019, 10:12 AM
Hi, I've just replied to your PM with instructions.

Many thanks