PDA

View Full Version : How to label all altered notes as flats?

sj1
05-20-2019, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I observe that ND2 is constantly wanting to label notes as sharps (#). This is creating alot of extra manual work for me as I want my diagrams to have notes labeled as flats (b).

How can I instruct ND2 to default to labeling notes as flats?

Alternatively (or also), how can I bulk change notes currently labeled as sharps to flats instead?

Dean
05-20-2019, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

You can change both note and interval enharmonics - just click the note in question and the Inspector will show note marker properties. You'll see there's a drop-down list for both "Note" and "Interval", just change as required, as shown in this screenshot. Checking the 'apply to fretboard' option will update all versions of the selected interval/note name

Possibly a simpler way is to just select the fretboard and to set the key signature if you know it:

sj1
05-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Hi there,

You can change both note and interval enharmonics - just click the note in question and the Inspector will show note marker properties. You'll see there's a drop-down list for both "Note" and "Interval", just change as required, as shown in this screenshot. Checking the 'apply to fretboard' option will update all versions of the selected interval/note nameFor single note selections this works, and is what I've been doing - but it requires manually visiting every single note in question and repeating the operation. When multiple notes are selected, these options are not available. What I would suggest is that when multiple notes are selected we be given the options "#" and "b" ( or "all #" and "all b" ). This would make a single operation at the level of multi-note selection possible - which is both logical and a big time saver, IMO.

Possibly a simpler way is to just select the fretboard and to set the key signature if you know it:

Very helpful suggestion! At the fretboard level I can 'Select all Fretboards' and then set them all at once to the key of Db (5 b's: Bb Eb Ab Db Gb).

This gives me the note display as flats that I want across the whole page. Nice!

I can then set the keys to None if I don't actually want the key of Db to be a metadata item for the fretboards (which I generally don't) while retaining the desired display of b's. Voila!

Thanks Dean!