PDA

View Full Version : Interval controls

FwLineberry
01-31-2020, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in feature requests or bug reports.

The long and short of it is that I'd like to have an easier and faster way to plot the altered scale (super Locrian) as R b9 #9 3 b5 #5 b7 and the h/w diminished scale as R b9 #9 3 #11 5 13 b7.

If I'm missing something obvious, let me know.

I've tried setting the option under intervals in preferences to use compound intervals. The scale generator shows compound intervals, but the resulting scale doesn't show compound intervals. Bug? Operator error?

I've also tried setting everything how I want it for one diagram and copying to another diagram, but the interval names don't hold.

I also need to show R as 1 in certain diagrams while retaining R in other diagrams. This is a global setting, only, in preferences – one way or the other.

In all these cases I'm reduced to changing individual intervals and/or using custom labels on a per diagram basis. With six files containing 42 diagrams each, this is extremely tedious and time consuming.

It would be nice to have better control over this stuff an a per file or per diagram basis.

Justin
03-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Ah just come across your post! A few things here, here we go..

but the resulting scale doesn't show compound intervals

The compound intervals setting is also per-fretboard now in ND2! The preference setting is taken when creating a fretboard, but changing the preference won't then affect existing fretboards. Go the the Other tab in the fretboard Inspector ("...") and you'll see a section for Compound Intervals there.

I've also tried setting everything how I want it for one diagram and copying to another diagram, but the interval names don't hold.

Hmm yes, this would definitely make sense to only reset enharmonic settings if the new note marker is at a different location such that the not actual note no longer matches. Will raise a dev ticket!

I also need to show R as 1 in certain diagrams while retaining R in other diagrams.

We have a dev ticket to support the interval preferences on a per-fretboard basis. Maybe I can raise an interim dev ticket to add support for R/1 first..

FwLineberry
03-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the reply. I missed that setting in the inspector. I've flipped to that tab a million and one times, but always focused on the positioning controls. I wonder what else I've missed.