PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Storage for Data Folders?

roadsie
03-11-2020, 02:13 PM
I use Neck Diagrams on my main desktop computer but also on my laptop. I'd like to be able to maintain just one synchronized copy of my chord diagrams. Is it possible therefore to assign the default data folder on each device to be in the cloud e.g. OneDrive?

Also what is the purpose of being able to add more than one data folder and how is this feature useful?

Thanks
roadsie

Justin
03-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Sure, you can move your existing data folder to the locally mapped folder that's backed by OneDrive!

Our pre-release "sneak preview" video actually shows file sync'ing via a DropBox folder, it's the same idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfmvun6kYMg

Also what is the purpose of being able to add more than one data folder and how is this feature useful?

Well it's added flexibility but just how it's useful is up to each individual user! For example you might have a data folder shared between students, and a separate private one..

roadsie
03-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Well it's added flexibility but just how it's useful is up to each individual user! For example you might have a data folder shared between students, and a separate private one..

Thanks for your reply Justin. I understand now that I can see all defined data folders in the Diagram Gallery, which as you point out is useful for sharing.

The video was also helpful.