PDA

View Full Version : Header & Footer Problem

Bill K
07-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to add text to my chord grids but can't seem to remove the words "header" & "footer." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Justin
08-01-2020, 11:40 PM
When you double-click on the header or footer area it'll go into edit mode (you'll notice the selection outline goes green) and then you can just select/delete the default text.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying the question and you want to remove the header/footer text areas?

For individual fretboards, just select the fretboard (or select a bunch by holding down SHIFT and clicking on each, so you can change them together) and then on the Text tab in the Inspector you'll see a section called "Title", which has "Show title" and "Show footer" options, as shown here:

https://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/forums/ND2-fretboard-header-footer-1.png

Just uncheck these 2 options and they'll not be shown!

You can of course also disable these by default via the Preferences, so that whenever you create new fretboards then they'll not be shown by default.

You can disable "Show title" and "Show footer" on the Fretboard Preferences page, shown here:

https://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/forums/ND2-fretboard-header-footer-2-preferences.png

Hope that helps..

mefree
08-12-2023, 01:31 AM
Justin, I quite have difficulty getting the "Header" text to accept my double-click. I can only do so consistently when I increase the image size. Can you create a Keyboard shortcut to simplify this process?
thanks,
Mark

Justin
08-15-2023, 12:25 AM
Hi Mark,

I'll raise a dev ticket, sounds like a handy idea!

Would like to find out what's causing your problems here also though.. so I've got some questions which might help me try to replicate the problem:

Are you generally working at a zoom level that's not '100%'?
Are you on Windows or a Mac?
If Windows, what's the display's font size/zoom adjustment? (found in system settings)

Thanks!

mefree
08-17-2023, 01:57 AM
Are you generally working at a zoom level that's not '100%'?
Mostly very close to 100%. Sometimes in Portrait View with 3x2; sometimes in Landscape view with 4x2.
Are you on Windows or a Mac?
MacOS

So I tried an experiment: I opened 3 files and tried to select the Header of the Already Defined Chord Name. Approx. 20 attempts. They all worked! So, wondered if I was crazy so opened a new file, 3x2, clicked on the Fretboard diagram, then tried to double-click on Header. I discovered that 2 clicks changed the box to the green outline, then 2 more clicks opened the Header. So it seems I've finally learned how it is supposed to work, but that said, I sure wish I could just hit Command-H to open the Header! thanks for the assistance.
Mark

Thanks![/QUOTE]