PDA

View Full Version : Fingering in Style

Bill K
08-11-2020, 02:09 AM
Is there anyway to change the default setting in style from "Fretboard" to "Fingering"? I've checked the "override" box but to no avail.

Thanks

Justin
11-19-2020, 10:39 PM
Hi Bill,

You don't really want to changing this for each individual note..!

The fretboard has a master label style setting which will be picked up by all notes on the fretboard which have the default "As fretboard" setting. So changing the label style on the fretboard e.g. from intervals to notes, would automatically update all the notes without having to go through each note.

Changing the label type for specific notes is intended as an override to the default on the fretboard as a whole - you could mix label types and show something different on some notes, for example.

The "Apply to fretboard" checkbox will apply the override to each instance of that note on the fretboard; so if you wanted all the G's to show a specific label type then you'd just check this box instead going through each G in turn.

You can set the default label style for fretboards via the Preferences window! Almost anything you can set in the Inspector has a default setting in the Preferences.

Hope that helps :)

Bill K
11-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Is there anyway to change the default setting in style from "Fretboard" to "Fingering"? I've checked the "override" box but to no avail.

Thanks

Justin,

The link just sent me to my original post.

Bill

Justin
11-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Looks like my post wasn't showing - can you see it above now?!

Bill K
11-19-2020, 11:04 PM
Looks like my post wasn't showing - can you see it above now?!

Got it...I think... If I 'm still in idiot mode I'll get back.

Thanks