PDA

View Full Version : How to display double stops

rog857
01-14-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm new to Neck Diagrams. I'm trying to display a fret board showing a G major scale harmonized in 3rds. I'd like to connect the notes going up the fret board. For example, the G note on string 1 with the B note on string 3. I just need a line to connect the two notes. How do I do this?
Thanks,
Mike

Justin
01-14-2021, 10:35 PM
Hi Mike,

You need to use one of the "connection" tools, which are the last group of items in the toolbox on the left side of the editor.

You'll probably want to use the Solid connection, or Dashed connection - the icons are similar, dots with a diagonal line connecting them.

Just click on the tool then click on the first note you want to connect and then on the second.

If you can't see the tools at the bottom of the toolbox then you can scroll it when the mouse if over the toolbox, using the scroll-wheel or scrolling on the trackpad (if you have a laptop/external trackpad!).

rog857
01-14-2021, 11:03 PM
Hi Mike,

You need to use one of the "connection" tools, which are the last group of items in the toolbox on the left side of the editor.

You'll probably want to use the Solid connection, or Dashed connection - the icons are similar, dots with a diagonal line connecting them.

Just click on the tool then click on the first note you want to connect and then on the second.

If you can't see the tools at the bottom of the toolbox then you can scroll it when the mouse if over the toolbox, using the scroll-wheel or scrolling on the trackpad (if you have a laptop/external trackpad!).

Hi,
I'm sorry but the thing I see at the bottom of the tool chart (I'm assuming this is the tool chart) is an oval and a square. I'm using a basic laptop with no scroll wheel. Do I really need those items?
Thanks, Mike

rog857
01-15-2021, 01:51 AM
Hi,
I'm sorry but the thing I see at the bottom of the tool chart (I'm assuming this is the tool chart) is an oval and a square. I'm using a basic laptop with no scroll wheel. Do I really need those items?
Thanks, Mike

OK. This is me, red faced. I figured out how to scroll down the page to show the additional icons. the double stops are ready for print.
Thanks!
Mike

Justin
01-15-2021, 05:44 AM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out Mike!