PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Interval Names Introduced With 2.2 Update - HELP PLEASE!

karmar
04-17-2021, 12:00 PM
I am a long time happy user of NeckDiagrams and have created many diagrams with probably around 100 hours using the program. When I upgraded to 2.2, I was dismayed to find that the intervals had been renamed with annoying redundancies - for example, instead of "5" now I have "p5". How can I get rid of the "p"'? I also dont like the little triangles to denote for example "major 2" when all I need is "2". I tried using custom names, but this is very cumbersome to have to trudge through all my existing diagrams and change each and every interval on each and every diagram! I finally gave up and removed 2.2 and reinstalled my good ole version 2.1 that used to work so well for me only to find that all my diagrams had apparently been updated along with version 2.2 to now have all the redundant p's and triangles all over the place. I would think that I had lost my mind - were the redundancies always there?? But I have a book where I printed out all my previous diagrams, and happily they are just as I remember them - no redundant p's and triangles

ANOTHER PROBLEM: I used to make liberal use of custom colors for the various intervals according to my own personal scheme. However, since I upgraded to 2.2 the program will no longer allow me to enter a custom color when I go to "override" - the color pallate is provided, but nothing happens when I select a color. When I uninstalled and went back to 2.1, I have the same problem now

Justin
04-17-2021, 07:05 PM
Hi karmar,

Nothing has changed in these areas in the recent releases!

First question - go to the Preferences window, select "Interval Names" in the list on the left, then select the "US Style" interval name convention. There's a screenshot in this thread:

https://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/1158-Intervals

I guess you must've reset the preference to the default, or running on a different/new computer where you'd not yet configured this..

Second question - the colour does not update whilst the colour chooser dialog is open, I'm afraid, never has. You need to OK/close it to have the selected colour be applied. I've a dev ticket to change this in the future, but the problem is that this is how the framework ND uses works so it's not as simple for us to change as it might seem..

karmar
04-18-2021, 01:22 AM
You are exactly correct with the scenario you proposed. I had changed my C drive and upgraded to 2.2 at the same time - so the preferences were switched and I was not smart enough to know to check the prefs - I must have known that when I set it up then forgot how I did it. I now switched to US STYLE INTERVALS and that fixed my problem. My faith in human kind and all that is good in the world has been restored! Thanks for helping a dummy get things sorted out... You were right about the colors too - they are working now that I click OK to close the window. So I guess I will upgrade to 2.2... again... : )

Justin
04-21-2021, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear you got your configuration back to how you like it! :)