PDA

View Full Version : Left Handed problem.

hendrix_nz
11-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi there,
When changing diagrams into left handed versions, the tuning notes change to the wrong order (ie; from top E A D G B E instead of the other way around). Besides turning of the tunings altogether is there any way to fix this?.

Justin
11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi,
You're talking about the horizontal fretboards, not the vertical fretboards, right?! The strings obviously need to flip for the vertical ones...

I believe you've uncovered a bona fide bug (unfortunately:p)... I made a couple of fretboards to see what's going on, and here's what I believe the problem is:

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums-imgs/left-and-right-handed-horizontal-fretboards.jpg

You can see that the tuning is actually still correct on the left-handed fretboard as the notes are all still C's!

The problem is only with the string naming on the right-hand end. This gets flipped for vertical fretboards and looks like it's also happening for horizontal ones, which it shouldn't.. :(

I'm not sure how to work around this, other than hiding the tuning and putting on a text box with the tuning entered manually, for the time being. At least once you've done that once you can then just copy & paste it.

I'll add this to the list for the up-coming v1.9 release; shouldn't be too long a wait now, a few weeks with any luck.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

hendrix_nz
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Yup that was exactly what I meant. Sorry didn't think about my lack of details (verticle vs horizontal) until after I posted.
Cool think I can wait till it's fixed in v1.9 however thank you for your temporary fix.
Cheers