PDA

View Full Version : interval number orientation

PMB
01-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Justin,

I've noticed when using a customised 8 fret diagram that interval numbers within the note markers aren't centred. The numbers gravitate toward the lower part of the circle. Any ideas on how I might fix that?

Paul

Justin
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi Paul,
Any chance you could post an image so I can see what's up? Or down (a bit) in this case :p Actually better still would be if you could upload a .fbd with this so I can fire it up exactly as you have it!

PMB
01-08-2012, 03:02 AM
It's probably clearest on this .fbd graphic where the note markers aren't filled in.

Justin
01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the file! Sorry for the slow reply, we just recently got back from the in-laws and things are a bit up-in-the-air..

I can see the note marker labels are a little off-centre. Curiously seems more pronounced on the hollow note markers, probably an optical illusion due to the line width though. Looks to me that this might be an issue when using small-ish fretboards. If I resize them to be a bit bigger, say as if adding enough room for another two frets, then things look better.

I'll need to look into this further as I'll need to make a code fix to tidy things up on smaller fretboards. I'm aiming to have the v1.9 release out this month so this'll be included in that.

At the moment though the best workaround would be to make the fretboards a bit taller. You can actually do this on all fretboards on a page at once - right click a fretboard and choose "Select all fretboard" then adjust the height of one and they'll all get adjusted by the same amount.

BTW forgot to ask - you're running on a Mac, right? Oddly the slight shift is up instead of down on Windows!

PMB
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes, on a Mac. Thanks for the 'select all fretboards' tip.

metalriffer
03-28-2012, 03:46 AM
...we just recently got back from the in-laws and things are a bit up-in-the-air..

Hi Justin- I hope things settle down for you soon! :-)

Justin
04-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the wishes! Well things did settle down but they've kicked off again recently, been very hectic again, but that's the way things go sometimes..!

I can see the next week or two being pretty mad but things should settle down giving me a chance to hopefully get the 1.9 release out around the end of the month (fingers crossed!) :)