PDA

View Full Version : Everything is invisible but the grid!

Johnland
02-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Hey folks, maybe someone can help me out here! I would greatly appreciate it.

I was creating a template for scale positions, and after I had saved it the grid became black instead of the light blue it usually is, and all of my content disappeared.

I know that the content is still there, because I can select it and see the outline.

Has anyone experienced and resolved this?

EDIT: In the Diagram Gallery the thumbnails display the proper image. This only happens when I actually open this specific file.

Johnland
02-20-2012, 07:18 AM
I just went ahead and rebuilt my template, no biggie. However, is this a bug? Or did I click something that did this (though I did not see anything that looked like it would cause such an issue).

Justin
02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I was creating a template for scale positions, and after I had saved it the grid became black instead of the light blue it usually is, and all of my content disappeared.

This is a new one on me - never heard/seen this before! I'm surprised that you say you usually see a light blue grid - they're a light grey colour (but maybe we're actually seeing the same thing anyway!)

Did you get an error popup message before this occurred maybe? Does it still happen after restarting ND?

If you've still got the page then I'd love to take a look, maybe I can figure out what's happened.

If you've still got it, or can reproduce the issue by creating another page from that template, then please attach the .fbd file here (this 30 sec vid will show you how to easily get hold of the .fbd file: http://youtu.be/v7CethmxGvU)

Johnland
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry, the grid is normally light grey. Me so silly.

There were no error pop ups, and restarting the software (and computer) made no difference. I should have kept the page just in case, but I had long since deleted it, sorry!

Next time (if) something happens, I'll be sure to attach it!

Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

Oh, and THANKS for that video. I was tired of waiting for the software to backup to get a copy of fbd files, hahaha. So easy! Why didn't I think to try that?

Justin
02-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Shame the file is gone.. hpoefully the problem won't happen again though :o Although perversely its probably better it does so that whatever's up can be fixed!

Oh, and THANKS for that video. I was tired of waiting for the software to backup to get a copy of fbd files, hahaha. So easy! Why didn't I think to try that?
Are you using Windows? I think maybe the drag-drop idea is more of a Mac approach.. I'll probably add a .fbd option to the export dialog window in a future release though - that might feel more natural/logical for folks?

Johnland
02-24-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm using a Mac, but this is my first one and I've had it for only about 5 months.. so I'm not used to all of the drag and drop goodness. I have used Neck Diagrams on Windows though.

The option in the dialog window probably isn't NEEDED, but it would help folks like me who are used to troubleshooting outlook and other programs where exporting data is frequent (I was a tech for seven years until recently). I prefer drag and drop myself, so I doubt I'll use the export feature to move .fbd files around.

Thanks for keeping up!

Justin
02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Hope you're getting used to the Mac! I first got a Mac Mini back in '06, took a while to get used to it. Expensive hardware but the Mac OS X is so refreshing after years of Windows. I'll shut up now before someone says I've been drinking too much Kool Aid lol

Yes, not needed but probably a help. I'm thinking I could put a link to the video in the help docs maybe, or even on the Export dialog?