PDA

View Full Version : "What's New?" = 404

spinality
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
The "What's New?" link off the forum page gets a 404 error. Probably not the intended result. :) - Trevor

UPDATE: Also 404 from 'find all posts' and 'find all started threads' links in my profile.

Justin
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Hmm wasn't aware of that, but I had noticed that the search isn't working properly. I've asked my web dev guy about it but he's AWOL at the moment! Might upgrade the forum software to see if that helps...

spinality
05-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Hmm wasn't aware of that, but I had noticed that the search isn't working properly. I've asked my web dev guy about it but he's AWOL at the moment! Might upgrade the forum software to see if that helps...

Erm, be sure to try it first, might be an artifact of my browser or something. A very likely candidate for this kind of problem = .htaccess file in your document root. The link that's failing is "http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post" and your forum software is no doubt supposed to map this to some particular URL. Of course maybe there's just no 'what's new' page defined at present. :)

Justin
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Ah the "What's New?" is actually doing a search which explains that.. Hopefully will have it sorted soon(ish) but currently working on the 1.9 release which takes priority as trying to get it done as soon as in the the coming weeks!

Justin
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Some tech expertise? Great! Issue seems to be that the search.php can be accessed OK but from some reason the POST op is getting handed through to Drupal or something, coming up with a 404. Not sure if this is something the webhost could've influenced/messed up having changed something as we've not made any changes :p

spinality
05-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I had something like this happen when the hosting service changed...erm...something, what was it? Hmm, I needed to rewrite part of the .htaccess.... Oh I remember, I suddenly needed to add this:

Options FollowSymLinks
Options -MultiViews

This may have nothing to do with your situation, but if you haven't changed anything obvious, I bet fifty cents that something in .htaccess or something in your fancy URLs has stopped working the way it used to.

Justin
05-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Already had FollowSymLinks, tried the -MultiViews setting but no change. Did a bit of Googling, and to paraphrase you...

if you haven't changed anything obvious, I bet fifty cents that someone's been messing around...

Found this vBulletin forum post (https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-398818.html) which shows that bunch of folks have had this issue, most likely due to someone trying to insert an exploit..

Anyways, now upgraded the forum software which included security patches (hmmm.. coincidence? :rolleyes:) and all search related functions appear to be back to normal at last :cool: