PDA

View Full Version : fret numbering on chord diagram

ImBach
04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello
I am having a problem with putting the fret numbers next to the fretboard. Say I have a chord that starts on the 10th fret and want the diagram to have the frets numbered with a 10 next to the chord, it wont let me do that. When I go into options and input frets and starting frets, it throws off the whole diagram and it usually disappears.

Also is there a hotkey to highlight a note as the root without having to go into the inspector to do this every time?

Thanks in advance!

Justin
04-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi!

You need to go into the "Frets" tab on the Inspector where you'll find a "Fret Numbering" section. Change the drop-down list there to "At starting fret only" and you'll get the number showing at the 10th!

Re the hotkey to assign a note as root... this is something that'll be in v1.9 which is due imminently - hopefully next week unless there's some spanner in the works :)

Cheers

hudriwudri
03-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Hi!

I am new to Neck Diagrams Software :)

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but search the forum didn't answer my question.

I need to display fret numbers on every fret for a absolute beginners book

any help would be appreciated

best regards from Vienna

by(e)
Hudriwudri

Dean
03-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Hi Hudriwudri

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid this isn't currently possible. However, it will be in version 2 due out later this year.

You could try using the text box feature like in the image below. Bit of extra work but is a viable workaround I think.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/frets_tab/number_every_fret.png

Kind regards
Dean Cross

hudriwudri
03-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Hi Dean,

good idea, will give it a try

thx

dsw67
08-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Hi,

Has this feature been implemented yet?

Dean
08-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Hi there,

This has been implemented in ND2 which is yet to be released. ND2 is about to move into a user testing phase with an aim of releasing to the public around the end of 2018.

To save time for us and anyone who reads this post - we already have our user testers in place. Thanks

spinality
01-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Dean, one thing I've been meaning to ask for (probably too late) -- the fret number I want displayed is ONLY at the first visible fret, as used on Ted Greene chord diagrams. I'm having to put these in as manual text. Your tool is one of the few that provides support for some aspects of Ted's layouts.

Dean
01-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Hi Trevor

Displaying just the starting fret number has been available for some years now. It can be set per fretboard as per the screenshot below or as the default in Preferences under the following menu Window > Preferences > Frets

https://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/frets_tab/starting_fret.png

Thanks