PDA

View Full Version : New Category for Bugs, User Interface Issues, etc.?

Erik in NJ
10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
I've downloaded a trial version here at work to play around with when I have a chance as I don't have that much time to use it at home (I purchased the Pro version a couple days ago). As I'm navigating around and trying out different things I have come across a number of user interface "issues" that should probably be looked into and fixed. Rather than clogging up the Questions category with these reports, would it made sense to add a new forum category for bug reports and issues? This would also be a good place to suggest minor enhancements that would improve useability.

Justin
10-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Will be interesting to see what you've possibly discovered!

BTW I've created a PDF of the help docs and have posted a link in the thread where you were asking about that. Also, have you watched the introductory tutorial video? There's bound to be some useful tips in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQS0brsEp8

Rather than clogging up the Questions category with these reports, would it made sense to add a new forum category for bug reports and issues?

Indeed - it's something I've planned on doing for a while, so I've gone ahead and done it: you should see a new Bug Reports (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/11-Bug-Reports) section. I've moved a few threads over but I'll need to comb through the posts further when I have time, perhaps at the w/e...

Erik in NJ
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Awesome Justin! Thanks for the great customer service in creating that PDF so quickly. While using the software so far I noticed a number of GUI inconsistencies and ideosycracies I suppose is the better term rather than bugs (as they don't prevent me from using the software) and I have a number of suggestions for minor things that will make the software easier to use. I'll post them in the Bug Reports section, but please don't take anything as criticism as I'm simply trying to help make the product better. I think you have created a wonderful piece of software that is invaluable for learning more about guitar and music theory.

Best, Erik