PDA

View Full Version : Property Inspector

Erik in NJ
10-11-2013, 07:03 PM
When I fire up the Property Inspector a small white box appears and disappears in the gray area on the Diagram Page. When I bring it down two small white boxes appear briefly. Not sure if this is an Apple/Windows thing, but the window itself should not be resizeable. For a Windows app it should really have a title and OK, Apply, Cancel buttons at the bottom of the dialog.

Can I create a mute/open marker size the same size as the markers on the fret board?

For the interval setting, it would be nice to have a US/European etc. option.

A welcome addition would be MIDI note number as well as the pitch class/octave notation (C4, C5, etc.)

If you have "Draw notes/intervals on open strings" checked the "Mute/open marker size" has no effect--it should switch to Regular as Small does not seem to be supported. I think "Regular" should be the same size as the markers on the fret board. Maybe Regular, Medium, Small should be the choices.

Erik in NJ
10-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Those disappearing white boxes do not appear if I fire up Inspector with a note selected on the fretboard. Having a different inspector come up is a bit counter intuitive and confused me at first. It should simply be an additional tab on the fretboard inspector. The little pic of the note at the top is a bit odd and again there's no title etc. Even though I have a note selected, I should still be able to change the fretboard properties etc. then the extra "Apply to fretboard" check boxes would not really be needed. It seems there's a page inspector too--again just have one inspector and add another tab for page to keep things simple.

Justin
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
For the interval setting, it would be nice to have a US/European etc. option.

This is in the Preferences, under the Interval Names section!

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums-imgs/interval-name-preferences.png

Can I create a mute/open marker size the same size as the markers on the fret board?

If you have "Draw notes/intervals on open strings" checked the "Mute/open marker size" has no effect

Re size, not yet - both of these will be addressed in a future release.

When I fire up the Property Inspector a small white box appears and disappears in the gray area on the Diagram Page. When I bring it down two small white boxes appear briefly.

Not sure what you mean here, haven't seen this myself. Could be a graphics artefact perhaps. What kind of machine are you running on, perhaps not very strong graphics perfromance?

Not sure if this is an Apple/Windows thing, but the window itself should not be resizeable.

It used to be non-resizable in fact. However it turns out people customize their Windows installs to change the size of fonts etc (e.g. using products like Windows Blinds) so with a fixed size window not everything fits anymore... Hence need to allow users to resize if they wish.

A welcome addition would be MIDI note number as well as the pitch class/octave notation (C4, C5, etc.)

Well I'm not really sure how many people would use that but I'll raise a ticket for it!!!

Justin
11-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Having a different inspector come up is a bit counter intuitive and confused me at first. It should simply be an additional tab on the fretboard inspector.

It's actually context-sensitive. This is actually good UI design, making features available as needed! If everything was visible all at once then that'd definitely overload people I think. There's already LOTS of options in some situations (e.g. fretboard) already, without making things worse ;)

.. then the extra "Apply to fretboard" check boxes would not really be needed

Those are the enharmonics (note/interval) you must be referring to? Sounds like you've misunderstood this. The "Apply to fretboard" here means to apply the enharmonic across the whole fretboard so e.g. when there's other F#'s you don't have to set them all individually to Gb!