PDA

View Full Version : Fretboard Markers

Erik in NJ
10-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I had two different sized fretboards on my page and I did an align and one got compressed to the size of the other which is a nice feature.

The fretboard markers containing note names (pitch classes, C, D, E...) also got smaller which was expected, but the letters are now no longer centered in the markers. Right now they are noticeably aligned towards the bottom left of the marker. Even if I move them and they are repainted they are still off.

I think that all of the strings represented as simple solid black lines should be the default as opposed to seeing the lower strings widened and hollow. It's a nice feature for those who want it, but I think the default should be the simplest representation. I also notice that the gap in the hollow strings doesn't resize with the width of the fretboard which makes them look at bit awkward at various compression levels.

Justin
11-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Sure, you can have the strings as all solid lines (colour is under your contol also, of course!). You'll find this option in the Inspector when you have a fretboard selected, in the Other tab in the String Gauge section. You'll want the Thin or Thin, Bold option.

Plus you can set the default in the Preferences too if you want all new fretboards to show up this way.

In fact here's a post with a couple screenshots:

Is it possible to have all the strings the same width (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/33-Is-it-possible-to-have-all-the-strings-the-same-width)

I also notice that the gap in the hollow strings doesn't resize with the width of the fretboard which makes them look at bit awkward at various compression levels.

Do you mean that the outline is too thick for small markers? The outline thickness will be controllable in a future release! :)