PDA

View Full Version : Note names for open strings

lindydanny
11-27-2013, 03:56 PM
In a diagram, is there any way to display the note name for open strings?

For instance, I'm marking out the C major scale and I want to indicate the D, G, and B notes on the open string with their appropriate names (or maybe intervals later).

~Danny

Dean
11-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Danny

There sure is a way to show open strings as either pitch or intervals.

Simply bring up the inspector for the fretboard in question (right click it or press CTRL+I), then from the 'Board' tab check the box labelled 'Draw Notes / Intervals on Open Strings'.

To select whether Notes or Intervals are displayed, use the 'Note Marker Labels' dropdown on the same page. Here is a screenshot.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/forums/Show_Open_String_Notes.jpg

The markers on open strings are currently smaller than on the fretboard but this is set to change in the next release.

I hope that answers your questions but feel free to reply should you need anything else.

Kind regards
Dean Cross

lindydanny
01-15-2015, 01:20 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. (Sorry it took me so long to get back on!)

I see that a similar method allows me to darken in the circles used for open strings. What if I only wanted to darken in one string?

Dean
01-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi Danny

I'm afraid you can't have an unfilled / hollow open string marker and display the note / interval, not in this version anyway. This is set to change in a future version though.

You can however change the colour of open string markers independently. Just double click the note marker you want to change (or select it and press CTRL+I) to bring up the Note Inspector, under the Colour section use the Override Colour option.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/note_colour_override.jpg

Plus there's the Draw Outline Around Note option to help differentiate the note markers.

Hope that helps
Dean

pauld
07-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Hi Danny : You can also try a custom label in the note inspector (in the style section). Choose the open note and type a capital O as in Ok. You can also pick a different color using the overide. Mine shows as a black circle with O in the middle.

Paul