PDA

View Full Version : Quick way to transfer from 4 per page to 10

Phil66
01-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Hello,

I've created quite a few (about 50) pages of diagrams with four horizontal diagrams on each. Is there a quick/simple way to c&p these into 10 per page diagrams?

Cheers

Phil

Phil66
01-23-2014, 06:36 PM
It's a "no" then. :mad:

Justin
01-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi Phil,

Unfortunately this isn't a use case we'd even considered! Not sure what other apps would provide special support for this kind of thing.. if you've some examples would love to know so we can pinch some ideas!

However, if you just copy/paste fretboards from some pages and drop them on a new one you can use the align/resize/distribute toolbar buttons which'll make it easy to arrange them on the new page.

You'll find more info on this in the documentation, accessible from menu Help > Help Contents, navigate the left pane to section Neck Diagrams > Reference > Align / Match Size / Distribute. Or just download the docs as a PDF from this post:

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/794-User-s-Guide-in-a-PDF?p=1259&viewfull=1#post1259

Dean
01-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi Phil

You may already be aware of this but you can split the screen between two files which should make life easier when copying and pasting between two documents.

Step 1

Open up the two diagrams files you wish to compare and you should see a tab for each, just like the screen shot below

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Views/split_screen.jpg

Step 2

Now simply click and drag either of these to the right or bottom of the screen depending on which way you want to split. The application will show you an outline once you are in an area you can drop the diagram into. Like this:

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Views/split_screen_left_right.jpg

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Views/split_screen_top_bottom.jpg

I hope that makes things a little easier for you and I'll talk to the team about the possibility of just copying notes out of diagram and pasting them into a new fretboard. So in your example you could use the 5 x 2 template to get your 10 fretboards per page and work through your documents just quickly copying and pasting the notes, no resizing necessary.

I can't guarantee this this but can certainly put it forward.

Kind regards
Dean Cross

Phil66
01-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks Dean, that would be nice, the auto resizing to suit the template is an excellent idea, didn't know about splitting the screen though, that will be handy. Another thing, while we are on a similar subject, it would be good if the system worked as MS Word does, ie; when you get to the bottom of the current diagram page it creates another below IYKWIM rather than filling one up and having to create another diagram.
Regarding the align/resize/distribute toolbar, I have tried this albiet only in realign mode, to no avail, I didn't read the manual :eek: and it didn't work intuitively, whether that's the software or my intuition I'll find out very soon.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

Dean
01-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi Phil

Apologies for the delay, crazy weekend.

Are you still having troubles with alignment and resizing? I can try to assist if you can give me and idea where you're struggling or everything on this section of tools can be found in the Help Contents.

Navigate to: Help>Help Contents>Reference>Neck Diagrams>Reference>Align / Match Size / Distribute

The main point to remember here is the last item selected will be the Master, all other items will be aligned or resized to this.

The Master item (last selected) always has solid black squares in the border and not white ones.

Hope fully that helps but let me know if not and I'll take some screen grabs. This is also on my list of video tuts to do.

Thanks
Dean

Phil66
01-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Hello Dean,

To be honest I haven't had chance to look. That tip about the last selected item being the master could prove useful though. I'll let you know when I have had a go. Thanks for your help.

Phil