PDA

View Full Version : Resizing the notes

smurfdaddydog
02-26-2014, 08:13 PM
I have a problem with the size of the dots that the notes are in with the size of the neck I am using. Can I resize the note marker? If I can make the note larger I believe it will eliminate My problem. Also, how should I export to go into Microsoft word? PDF looks a little fuzzy. I want to be able to eventually use my diagrams in a ebook for kindle. How can I make it to where you can zoom in and see the note on the neck clearly?

Thank you in advance,
smurfdaddydog

Dean
02-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi Smurfdaddydog

I have a problem with the size of the dots that the notes are in with the size of the neck I am using. Can I resize the note marker? If I can make the note larger I believe it will eliminate My problem.

Not at present I'm afraid to say. The notes markers and fonts within are currently fixed to scale with the size of the diagram. That said we have options for these coming in version 2 due out later this year.

Can you explain the issue or perhaps forward a screenshot and I may be able to provide an alternative. No promises but I can try.

Also, how should I export to go into Microsoft word? PDF looks a little fuzzy. I want to be able to eventually use my diagrams in a ebook for kindle. How can I make it to where you can zoom in and see the note on the neck clearly?

Exporting as PDF should give very good scalability / good quality when zoomed in. We know of several authors who have published both printed books and ebooks.

As above we have several new export formats coming in V2 including TIFF, SVG and EPS. In the mean time I can offer two solutions which have proved successful to other ND users.

1 - Make bigger diagrams. That is; diagrams export at the same resolution as the ND document. Making bigger diagrams will result in bigger images after export.

2 - Take a look at the following topic on this forum that talks about how to get higher res / DPI images.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/23-How-to-create-super-high-resolution-300-DPI-images

I hope this info is of use to you. If you'd like more dedicated one on one support just send us an email to support@neckdiagrams.com or visit http://support.neckdiagrams.com

Kind regards
Dean Cross

smurfdaddydog
03-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Do you have any idea when later this year I could expect version 2? I do totally love this program! I can't believe I waited so long to get it.

Dean
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi Smurfdaddydog

Nothing concrete at the minute I'm afraid, all I can say is second half of the year. We do have a 1.9.1 update coming anytime now but that's mainly fixes and tweaks.

Thanks
Dean