PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to Microsoft Word?

ConnorGilks
03-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi there,

I've been using Neck Diagrams to create an eBook I'm working on and now that the majority of the diagrams are done I've slowly started to import things into Microsoft Word (2008 if that helps) for the final document but every time I copy and paste the diagram into Word it comes out fuzzy. I don't know how to adjust this. I have read that apparently I can export them as .pdf and I won't have that issue but then I don't know how to add that into my .docx and how I would format my text around those images. Would I just have to import a page with some diagrams on it into my document somewhere, then move them where I want them to be on the page and then try and place the text around it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Dean
03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi ConnorGilks

Welcome to the forum.

Can I ask if they are 'fuzzy' at all zoom levels in MS Word. Try setting Word to 100% zoom and see if they are still fuzzy then.

If so, can you try creating a larger diagram, maybe fill the page in Neck Diagrams with one fretboard diagram, then try putting into work and see if it's still fuzzy.

Let me know how you get on and we'll go from there.

Kind regards
Dean Cross

Justin
03-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Just to be clear, it's not the overall "page zoom" you need to adjust - if you double click the image you should get a properties window and you'll find there's a zoom level for each image pasted into a document...

ConnorGilks
03-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys.

I've tried that and it still seems to be the same. I am just finding they are either fuzzy or just aren't as crisp when it comes to the labels on the notes as they are in Neck Diagrams.

I'm making a eBook .pdf so they need to be crisp at a decent zoom level. I've got about 700 diagrams for this book, so does that mean I need to go through all of them and up the size as much as possible on each one?

smurfdaddydog
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Justin
03-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Are you guys using Macs (Retina?) or Windows?

Can you try pasting into another program, ideally a picture editor as that won't muck about with the image - still the same?

ConnorGilks
03-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Sorry for such a late reply. Just pasted into Photoshop, doesn't seem to be as blurry, but not great either.

Would be great if we could easily export these as vector images, this is making it tough to properly format all these diagrams for my eBook.

Dean
03-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi ConnorGilks

Just so we can rule it out are you using a Mac with Retina Display? We have seen similar issues on these devices is all.

SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic) export is coming in version 2 due out later this year, along with several other export additions.

Also, several of our users have created / released both digital and printed books using the current and previous versions of ND so it possible. We just need to work out why you're getting blurry images.

You can attach screenshots and .fbd files here for us to look into but if you'd like to keep these private and would prefer one on one help just visit http://support.neckdiagrams.com or email support@neckdiagrams.com

Regards
Dean

wabrickey
04-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Hi,
I am using a Mac OS X and Word 2011. I don't have the blurring problem. I paste entire pages of chord charts. The only time I have seen anything really blurry is when I post a single chord and try to make it too large. I hope that helps.

Best Bill

Dean
04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Bill

Yes, Raster or Bitmap graphics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raster_graphics) such as the JPEG and PNG options in Neck Diagrams are fixed pixel images and won't scale up without loss in quality.

PDF is scalable though so could export to PDF, if you've a PDF editor..

The current workaround for this is to simply create larger diagrams (fill a whole page with one diagram for example) and then scale down if needs be.

Of course this is a bit tedious and time consuming which is why we have greater export features coming in v2 due out later this year.

You'll be able to export in many file types including SVG which is fully scalable and also export just the diagram without any page element. This should speed up workflow for those wanting to pull diagrams into other apps or upload to a web page etc.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Dean