PDA

View Full Version : Fretlight Guitar integration now possible

mforester
03-30-2014, 09:16 PM
I have a Fretlight guitar and saw that they recently released an SDK, seems like a natural use to marry Neck Diagrams with the Fretlight. Link to the SDK application is here: http://fretlight.com/developers

Dean
03-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Hi mforester

Thanks for the idea and link. I can certainly put it forward to the devs. I'm not sure when they'll get to look into though as they're going to be flat out working on the V2 release, in fact they have been for a while. Knowing the SDK is available might make things easier though.

I've looked at the Fretlight a few time but never been able to get my hands on one to try here in the UK.

Regards
Dean

Erik in NJ
01-08-2016, 01:30 AM
This would be an amazing addition to the software -- I too own a Fret-Light and would love to have an easy way to put scales on the neck. You'd sell a heck of a lot of software. Look into G-tar too!

Dean
01-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Hi Erik

Thanks for your input. Certainly would be a cool feature for the user to play a Fretlight or MIDI guitar and have ND draw it to a diagram. Unfortunately, it is but a nice wish at the moment and something that has to sit on the bench, we've a tonne (well it feels like that) of major feature enhancements to finish first.

I personally don't know anyone who own's a Fretlight guitar, maybe they're a bigger thing outside the UK, I'd have to look into their user base. I personally wouldn't expect a huge increase in ND sales by adding support for Fretlight though. Sure it might appeal to some Fretlight owners (teachers maybe), but it's not going to be something for that interests the wider market.

Regards
Dean