PDA

View Full Version : Small request...I think

MyGuitarThing
07-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I would really like the ability to drop nested circles with different colors in a spot. For instance, the smallest solid circle would show as it does now; solid black with a b3 or a note name, but I could put a larger blue circle behind it, and an even larger red circle behind that.

The reason for this is to make it easy to show different relationships....like how a chord sits over a scale, where only some of the notes in a scale belong to the chord.

Thanks

Dean
07-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi MyGuitarThing

I like the idea but the way you describe it is not as easy as it sounds to implement. That said we have an alternative planned where by multiple outlines (what Adobe call Strokes in Photoshop) can be added to shapes. Each outline is independent and can have it's own colour. So you could have the black inner / main note, then a blue outline and then a (bigger) red outline if you like.

We already have the option to split a note marker in two and have a different colour for the left and right sides. These can also have an outline if you wish. Just double click a note to bring up it's inspector and select the left / right colour pickers to change colours. Check the Draw Outline Around Note if you want one too.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/note_inspector/left_right_colours.jpg

Also, ND v2 will expand on this allowing you to split the note even further, like a pie chart if you will.

I hope that gives you an insight to what we have planned and also what is available to you now in the current version.

Kind regards
Dean Cross