PDA

View Full Version : Exporter stopped working suddenly...

carbenez
08-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Gave lessons yesterday evening, and exported/saved diagrams in the student's files like I always do. When I went to organize my lessons and export some documents today - I get an error message. I can't export anything... has this ever happened to someone else? Is there a fix? I tried uninstalling and re-installing the program with no luck.

Help!

Charlie

carbenez
08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
After working perfectly for months. Now when I try to export I just get an error message.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Charlie

Justin
08-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi there Charlie,

I've merged your two posts as they're the same thing - seems you've also emailed us.. ;) BTW first posts are always manually approved (so don't show automatically) to prevent spam getting through, I guess the 2nd post was because you weren't sure the 1st had worked? Hopefully there'd been a message saying the post needed to be approved?!

Anyways, the problem you've encountered is due to you having exported to a location that's no longer present/exists. For example you may have exported to a USB flash drive and it's not plugged in anymore.

Neck Diagrams remembers your last location and tries to set this in the Save Dialog window that pops up after you select the export type. Unfortunately things don't go to plan if the location isn't there anymore!

We've got a fix for this and will be releasing v1.9.2 soon-ish, although we could bring it forward and delay some other tweaks we have for a 1.9.3 release later.

In the meantime if you remember where you exported to last you could make sure that destination is still available and then you'll get the Save Dialog showing once more!

PosterBoy
12-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Glad I found this post, my data hard drive crashed which was where
I exported all my ND pdfs to, and I too was wondering why the error message was appearing when I tried new exports.

I tried searching the registry to see if the setting was held there but it doesn't seem to be

Dean
12-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Posterboy

Just to say the update which contains this fix is upon us and should be rolled very soon.

Thanks
Dean