PDA

View Full Version : First Root Interval Not Showing

Rob MacKillop
08-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi guys, my first post. I'm impressed with the software, but am experiencing a baffling issue.

As you can see from the diagram (if I've managed to upload the image properly) that the lowest root note does not have the letter R in the red dot. I can't figure out how to add it. The others were generated automatically.

My procedure was: Enter the notes. Double Click on lowest note. Tick box saying "This is a root note".

Justin
08-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi Rob,

I think I know what you've done there!

If you bring up the properties for that first root note in the Inspector (just double click the note if the Inspector isn't showing, or select it if it's already open) and have a look at the "Style" section and the "Label" drop-down box..

I bet you've got it set to "None" or maybe "Fingering" (with no fingering set) or perhaps "Custom".

Change it to "As fretboard", which is what the other notes are set to (as it's the default) and then it'll use the default you have set in the fretboard option, which is Intervals! The fretboard has a 'master' setting you can use to control all the notes in one go and you can also override notes individually - as you've just found ;)

Rob MacKillop
08-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks, Justin. That fixed it. Many thanks for that, and also for authoring this very useful program. I'm a full-time guitar, ukulele and banjo teacher, and this will be very useful, once I know it better.

By the way, will you eventually roll it out for banjo and uke, and other fretted instruments?

Justin
08-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear that did the trick!

Well we could maybe charge folks for a different version for other instruments, great form a business viewpoint lol, but actually ND supports any other instrument and tuning you could care for already!

There's a whole bunch supported as standard - check out the Instrument Library view (button on the toolbar) - and you can create your own tunings and even add completely brand new instrument categories..

There's more in this thread in the Tips & Tricks section:

How to create fretboards using a different tuning or instrument (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/466-How-to-create-fretboards-using-a-different-tuning-or-instrument)

Plus Dean is working on some tutorial vids about this very topic which hopefully we'll be adding to our YouTube channel in the coming weeks!

Rob MacKillop
08-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Ah, OK. Thanks, Justin. Great product!