PDA

View Full Version : New user: Jens Larsen

Jens
10-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Hello People!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought the software a few days ago, and I managed to get some great stuff done already! :) I still have a lot to learn so I will probably check in from time to time

I am a jazz Danish guitarist living in the Netherlands. If you want to know more about me ask or check out my website: http://www.jenslarsen.nl It has lessons, videos, music and transcriptions and since recently also scale and arpeggio charts ;)

I also have a youtube channel that I use for lessons: https://www.youtube.com/user/jenslarsen02

I will probably start using the neck diagrams in my videos too.

Jens

Dean
10-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Jens

Congrats on the ND purchase and welcome to the forum.

Just had a look at your site and Youtube channel. Very nice vids and I'm not really a Jazz man (sorry). Although, ND owner, creator and bill payer Justin is.

One thing that really caught my eye was the Axe FX Ultra. I may have drooled over for a while, but luckily for you the www and North Sea were between us ;)

Thanks
Dean

Jens
10-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi Jens

Congrats on the ND purchase and welcome to the forum.

Just had a look at your site and Youtube channel. Very nice vids and I'm not really a Jazz man (sorry). Although, ND owner, creator and bill payer Justin is.

One thing that really caught my eye was the Axe FX Ultra. I may have drooled over for a while, but luckily for you the www and North Sea were between us ;)

Thanks
Dean

Thanks for checking out my site!

The ultra is a bit old by now, I've had mine for 4 years. If you want one of those it should be fairly affordable 2nd hand with the II and the II XL out? I didn't check the prices though. I am very happy with my Ultra though great piece of gear that can do anything! I do all my jazz concerts with it, but I also just recorded a guest solo for a heavy metal cd with it :)

Jens

Dean
10-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Oh yeah, I thought the Ultra was the highest model but the Axe FX II XL seems to be the Daddy now, with the 2 x DSP chips and extra bells and whistles.

hmmmm, one day.

Jens
10-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Chances are you don't need the Flag ship model, I never max out the Ultra, you don't need a lot of effects but you need a good version of the right ones :)

Jens