PDA

View Full Version : Vector Export

Bulletride
11-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi,is there a going to be a possibilty to export to EPS or SVG? PDF's ok,but EPS or SVG would be much more convenient.

Also,is there a way to highlight notes(root ones,for example) automatically with added circles around notes,or different shapes,like squares? I know I can do squares manually,but it takes more time;and,highlight feature as it is,coloring root notes differently,won't print well in black and white.

Thanks!

Justin
11-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Yes, both EPS and SVG are coming!

Re "highlight", we'll be adding a "stroke" option to allow finer grained control of the outline, with the ability to specify colour & thickness. Don't think we've considered having different shapes as that'll really confuse things! E.g. a round outline in a square marker would be *inside* the marker!

I know I can do squares manually,but it takes more time

Why do you say that? Not sure what you're getting at.. when you say manually do you mean as opposed to the Scale Generator adding the notes? Sounds like you haven't spotted the option to choose the note marker shape on the 2nd page of Scale Generator options!

Bulletride
11-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Great to hear that,exporting diagrams in SVG will offer countless possibilities! Thanks a lot!

About highlighting,I meant creating differently shaped root notes instead of just differently colored. The circle notes generated by Scale Generator can be changed to square by manually replacing them with squares. I attached a picture with a result,maybe there's a way to create such square accents on root notes in ScaleGen that I overlooked?

It must be me misusing word "highlight" that causes confusion.

Dean
11-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Hi Bulletride

I see what you mean.

I'm afraid this isn't currently achievable, but we are working on a way to allow users to set up custom formatting for each interval. So, you could set all roots to be red squares and all major 3rds to be blue triangles for example. When ever these are added to the fretboard, the pre-set formatting will be automatically applied.

Still early days on this but something we're keen to add in the future.

I hope that answer your question. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Regards
Dean

Bulletride
11-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi Bulletride

I see what you mean.

I'm afraid this isn't currently achievable, but we are working on a way to allow users to set up custom formatting for each interval. So, you could set all roots to be red squares and all major 3rds to be blue triangles for example. When ever these are added to the fretboard, the pre-set formatting will be automatically applied.

Still early days on this but something we're keen to add in the future.

I hope that answer your question. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Regards
Dean

Thanks for your reply,Dean! It's great to hear that there's a possibilty such features will be available in the future. I think it's exactly what I'd like to be implemented someday. Thanks for support!