PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Diagrams?

JazzGuitarLessons
12-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey, I know this may seem off-topic, but I've searched all over the place and realized that NOBODY makes a program that creates decent piano keyboard diagrams. All I really need for teaching is a program with the EXACT same functionality we have here with Neck Diagrams, applied to a piano keyboard layout instead of a fingerboard.

Any thoughts?

Justin
12-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi there,

Sorry we didn't reply sooner - first posts need to be approved (cuts out spammers!) and somehow we didn't spot your post..

Maybe you didn't see this other thread about this (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/877-Piano-charts!)?!

We've got a ticket for this, so it's on our To Do list, just a matter of time.. I think initially the idea was to be able to link a fretboard with a keyboard to show where the notes of one are on the other, but it makes sense to have a standalone keyboard diagram you can annotate.

Not sure how you'd want to mark/highlight notes on the keyboard? Maybe there's some ideas already from emails in the ticket, but any suggestions welcome, or links to examples if there's a standard way of doing these maybe?!

JazzGuitarLessons
12-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to create a new thread if it's already been addressed. I didn't see the first one. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Hi there,

Sorry we didn't reply sooner - first posts need to be approved (cuts out spammers!) and somehow we didn't spot your post..

Maybe you didn't see this other thread about this (http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/877-Piano-charts!)?!

We've got a ticket for this, so it's on our To Do list, just a matter of time.. I think initially the idea was to be able to link a fretboard with a keyboard to show where the notes of one are on the other, but it makes sense to have a standalone keyboard diagram you can annotate.

Not sure how you'd want to mark/highlight notes on the keyboard? Maybe there's some ideas already from emails in the ticket, but any suggestions welcome, or links to examples if there's a standard way of doing these maybe?!

Johnland
12-12-2014, 10:08 PM
I think that using the same system for marking notes on the keyboard will work just fine. Just place the circle/square/etc on the key itself. Maybe even allow folks to change the color of each key individually (that would be sweet).

JazzGuitarLessons
12-13-2014, 06:30 PM
I think that using the same system for marking notes on the keyboard will work just fine. Just place the circle/square/etc on the key itself. Maybe even allow folks to change the color of each key individually (that would be sweet).

Yeah, I concur. Just a piano keyboard with the ability to mark notes the same way we do on the fretboards would work just fine for me. Maybe the ability to choose whether to enclose them in a circle or simply show the letter, scale degree, solfege syllable in contrasting color (white on the black keys, black on the white keys). The ability to customize the color of the letter and circle would be cool.

Dean
12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We're taking notes and adding all of your ideas to our support ticket for this.