PDA

View Full Version : How to draw shapes on a fretboard?

Dekan
01-11-2015, 04:23 PM
How can I draw shapes on a fretboard, for example, to group notes together like this:

Thanks,

Dekan

Dean
01-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi Dekan

Two options I can think of here.

The first is to use Text Boxes, set them to transparent background and add a border. So add a text box, press CTRL+I to reveal it's inspector, delete the default text, check the Transparent background box, check the Border-Show box.

You'll then be able to move and scale the text box. The only downside with this is it may take a bit of tweaking to get it to sit around the notes but not block any fretboard titles should you have them enabled.

Another option is to import a square / rectangle (whatever you want really) with a transparent background. You could probably find one on the www or create the shape in another program, clear the fill so it just has a border and save / export as a PNG file. Then import it into ND as an image.

Hopefully one of these options will achieve what you want for now. Of course we're always working on ways to improve things so log this as a possible feature for a future version.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards
Dean

Dean
01-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Hi Dekan

EDIT... Hmmm, I could of swore it was the files in the link below, perhaps they were ammended. I've attached the original, I'm sure Johnland won't mind.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/874-Drop-2-Chords-Strings-1234

The FBD files kindly supplied by Johnland use the Text Box option I mentioned above to highlight specific notes. Just download, and double click to open or simply drag into the Diagram Gallery to import in one swoop.

Thanks
Dean

Dekan
01-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I think that will work, thanks to you and Johnland.