PDA

View Full Version : Copy Dots?

dalepres
03-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Thanks for a great product. After using the trial heavily for a few days. I purchased the pro version.

There are a few things, though, that would make it even better. I hope you don't mind, I'll post each feature in its own thread so it's easier for searching in the future.

This suggestion is to be able to copy a note or even multiple-selection of notes. If I have customized color, outline, or other features, it would be great if I could copy that note to create a new note instead of having to manually apply all the same customizations to each new note.

Thanks,

Dale

Dean
03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Hi Dale

You can do this already, albeit, only to the same fretboard. You can't copy notes across fretboards in the current version but I understand this option will be added in ND v2.

Just hold down the CTRL key when moving the note.

We also plan to add a feature where users can globally set note marker attributes per note / interval. So for example, all Major 3rds could automatically be drawn as Yellow Triangle's, whilst b5's are drawn as blue diamonds.

Quite a way off yet though, we've already got loads going on for the next big release.

Thanks
Dean

dalepres
03-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Dean. That helps. It would be nice (easier) if you could right-click and copy, and then right-click on any string/fret location and paste to create a note with the same settings and repeat the paste over and over again. The new features sound fantastic, too.

Justin
03-24-2015, 10:17 PM
BTW, ALT-click-drag is a clone operation and works on any object, so not just notes but whole fretboards, text boxes, images...