PDA

View Full Version : arrow keys to move fretboards instead of between fretboards

dalepres
03-19-2015, 04:03 AM
Ok, third and last feature request from me for a while. The app is awesome and these things are pretty small in the scheme of things. The last one for me is:

The align tools in the application are pretty good and, generally, give all you want for spacing and alignment. Once in a while, though, I need to do more custom placement. In most graphics applications I use, once an item is selected, the arrow keys move that item a pixel at a time rather than move around among the items. This fine location would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Dean
03-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Hi Dale

Here's and extract form the Help Contents. Help>Help Contents>Neck Diagrams>Reference>Keyboard Shortcuts>Diagram Editor

With a fretboard, multiple fretboards or all fretboards (CTRL+SHIFT+F) in focus.

1.Press the Period key ('.') once - the Move cursor will activate
2.Use the navigation (cursor) keys to move
3.Press Enter to accept the new location, or
4.Press Escape to cancel the move

In ND v2 you'll also have the option to enter the precise X - Y location, as well as width and height.

I hope the above is of use to you.

Thanks
Dean

dalepres
03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
How long until V2? Are you going to allow upgrades for those who purchased recently? These features sound fantastic for layout. Thanks.

Dean
03-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi Dale

ETA at the minute is just 2015 I'm afraid, we're hoping to give a more accurate date soon. What I do know is there will be a very generous discount for those who already own ND v1.

Thanks
Dean

Justin
03-24-2015, 10:19 PM
How long until V2? Are you going to allow upgrades for those who purchased recently? These features sound fantastic for layout. Thanks.

Just to be clear, all of what Dean's described is already currently in Neck Diagrams! Just the bit about manually entering location/dimension values will be new ;)

dalepres
03-25-2015, 01:52 AM
I got it. Thanks.