LessonsWithAustin
09-03-2015, 07:56 PM
How do I change where files are saved?
I want to be able to change where it's saved

Thanks!

Dean
09-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Hi Austin

We're looking into this for a future version but at the minute docs can only be saved in your ND workspace folder (within the application, basically) I'm afraid.

If you're worried about backups you can alter the file path of the Automatic Backups to an alternate drive/partition. The Backup feature is explained in Help>Help Contents>Neck Diagrams>Reference>Automatic Backups

If you really want copies elsewhere you can copy drag files or folders out of the Diagram Gallery to Desktop, Explorer/Finder, Email, Dropbox etc. Just make sure you hold the CTRL when dragging to copy, or you'll remove from Diagram Gallery. You'll get a warning prompt anyways.

Note that you'll also be asked if you want to open or import each time you open an FBD doc outside of the app.

Hopefully that clears things up and like I said, we're looking into the ability to save externally.

Regards
Dean Cross

dalepres
05-22-2018, 03:36 AM
Just want to check in on this one since it's been a few years. I'd like to be able to save to an internet location such as DropBox so when I travel my files are available to work on. This would be a big plus for NeckDiagrams.

I did move the backups to my DropBox directory and I can import those but there's no automatic sync that I'd have by just using a shared, common, save folder.

Regards,

Dale

Dean
05-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Hi Dale

What you're doing with the Automatic Backup feature in the current version is the best method. Our next Major release will allow users to choose the default directory. If, for example, a local Dropbox folder is chosen, a user should see all documents in the Diagram Gallery on the second device, if set to the same Dropbox share.

Do bear in mind that we only permit 3 concurrent installations under a single license. That is, the license holder should own all 3 devices and are the sole user of ND.

Regards

dalepres
05-24-2018, 03:11 AM
Thanks, Dean. Looking forward to the next version.

I am a strong supporter of intellectual property rights. I'm the only user of my license; I have it on my home PC and primary laptop. I have a smaller travel laptop as well that I haven't needed to install the app on but it's good to know I could if I needed it.

Thanks,

Dale