PDA

View Full Version : Locking guides and fretboards

keithshapiro
12-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Ok the guides are cool, no question. I recently asked about flexible fret numbering and since that isn't available, I wound up working around this by creating individual .png files from 1 - 22 as the book we're working on stays on a 22 fret fingerboard throughout.

Then I laid out my 6 fret vertical fingerboards and lined them up, then created guides however, in not being able to lock the guides and then copy them, I have to recreate them for each fret to drop the little pngs into evenly so the request is,

Guides that:

a. Lock
b. Can be copied/moved/pasted as a group

Fretboards that are locked but still editable.

In the above scenario, if I could've locked the guides in position but copied them with the fingerboards it would've been incredibly easy.

If anyone wants the png files for fret numbering or the PSD file for that matter, just let me know.

Keith

Dean
12-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Hi Keith

First the good news, Flexible/Custom fret numbering is coming in ND2.

Then I laid out my 6 fret vertical fingerboards and lined them up, then created guides however, in not being able to lock the guides and then copy them, I have to recreate them for each fret to drop the little pngs into evenly

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it's sounds like you want to use the same guide layout for each page/document If you so you can just set the guides up and then save the page as a template so it's all ready to go next time. Here's a link to a thread on Templates.

- http://www.neckdiagrams.com/forums/showthread.php/53-Making-Templates?highlight=templates

so the request is,

Guides that:

a. Lock
b. Can be copied/moved/pasted as a group

Fretboards that are locked but still editable.

Fretboards that lock in situ might be a cool feature or any object for that matter, so they can't be unintentionally moved, CTRL+Z is easy enough but i appreciate it can get frustration moving the wrong object when making fine adjustments.
I'll put it forward to the rest of the team.

Regards
Dean