PDA

View Full Version : Truncated text...

JestMe
01-31-2016, 10:48 PM
First off... thank you for the great software I really do enjoy it. Please keep up the great work.

I hope you can help me with this issue I am having... perhaps I have done something wrong.

I am attaching the page I am working on. Please take a look at it. There are 2 columns both of which has text truncating... for example the text area just under Minor Blues Scale in the left column
Minor Pentatonic - 1 - b3 4 - 5 - b7
ACtually displays and prints like...
Minor Pentatonic - 1 - b3 4 - 5 - b

I tried a number of things to fix it that did not help... made the text box wider, changed the margin setting.

What did help was i
1. Abbreviating Pentatonic to Pent [decreasing the number of text characters in the line]
or
2. Adding spaces to the end of the text [increasing the number of text characters!]

Whereas on the right side text had the same problem until I added 2 spaces to the end of that line of text.
Major Pentatonic - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6

Once again thanks for the great product!

Chris

Dean
02-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Hi Chris

Welcome to the ND forum.

Glad you worked out the 'add two spaces' trick. We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix to be rolled out in a future version.

Regards
Dean

JestMe
02-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome and quick response. There I thought I was dispensing new info and you guys were already on it! No surprise! Great job. Thanks again.

Dean
02-02-2016, 12:51 PM
No problem Chris, it's what we're here for. Always best to point things out just in case we're unaware of an issue.

Thanks
Dean

palana
03-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Hi,

I've just had the same problem. Placed a text box at the top of a page and wrote a number of sentences. Initially used centre justification and although what's shown on-screen looks fine (ie: can see all text, it's far from either the text box edge and the page margins - I'm guessing because I can't see how to view the actual page margins), when it's printed, the end of certain lines are truncated.

In the end, changed to left justification and then viewed the text when all is 'selected' and extended the lines using space bar so that each successive line was shorter than the one before. Eventually got the complete 'picture' but not before printing the page NINE times!! - Frustrating!

Given that this thread is over a year old and the problem was known about already, what is the expected ETA for a fix to this issue?

Thanks.