PDA

View Full Version : Marquee tool, exporting to word

Axeman
04-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Hello,

Have recently purchased Neck Diagrams, it's brilliant, am still in the experimentation stage.

I've been try to export from Neck Diagrams to MS Word, i can export the diagrams directly without a problem. I'm trying to work out how to export a diagram with text alongside from ND into Word, i'm guessing it would be connected to use of the marquee tool but i haven't quite been able to manage it yet. If anyone could give me pointers that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Dean
04-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Hi Paul

There is no option to export to .doc / .docx, the MS Word file format so I assume you mean copy and paste and not export.

If you want to copy all the objects use the usual Ctrl+A to 'select all', then Ctrl+C to copy all selected objects and Ctrl+P in Word to paste.

The only limitation I can see is the Standard version of ND doesn't support copy / paste but you say you've already achieved this in part, so I assume you have the Pro version of ND.

I'd also suggest replying via our support channel at http://support.neckdiagrams.com (http:/support.neckdiagrams.com) - just in case we need additional info that you may not want to publish across the public forum.

Kind regards
Dean Cross

Dean
04-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi Paul

Ignore me - I've just noticed your other support ticket(s) that Justin has already responded too. :o

Justin
04-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi Paul,

Yes Dean's correct in that we don't currently support exporting to Word formats. We have a ticket in our system to investigate this at some point however it's low priority for 2 reasons:

we're adding rich text styling to Neck Diagrams so envisage fewer people will need/bother to use Word also
I think Word is column based, no? But text boxes in ND can be placed anywhere so I'm not sure how that't work in Word!

On the 2nd point, exporting to Powerpoint would be more likely but not what you'd want really. Anyways it's something that'd need investigating as I'm no Word expert and maybe it does support placing text boxes anywhere on a page.

For now you'd need to copy & paste your text - double click the text, it'll select all by default, copy then paste into Word. It's only copying fretboards from ND and pasting them as images into other applications which is a Pro feature.

Hope that helps!

Axeman
04-26-2016, 05:52 AM
Dean and Justin,

Thanks for the reply guys, that's solved it. It is easy enough to copy and paste the neck diagrams into Word, i just wanted to take advantage of working with page layout in neck diagrams and moving the whole thing over, which i can now manage.

Cheers