PDA

View Full Version : Two note markers on the same string and fret?

sealcove
09-10-2016, 11:35 PM
This may seem unnecessary, but is there any way to place two notes on the same fret and string? I am trying to illustrate the overlapping blues boxes based on Pentatonic scale. However, I want to show every box formand how they overlap. Ideally box one would all have notes labeled as 1, and then where box two overlaps there would be a second note marker with 2 on it (and would use a different color). Same for box two and three and so on through five.

Obviously I can show the overlaps with single notes, but then the box shapes don't stand out.

Dean
09-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi

Dual note markers per fret is something we're looking into for a future version but it's not possible in the current version I'm afraid.

There are a few workarounds, although one (the text box option) is more of a hack.

1 - If you double click a Note Marker to bring up it's own Inspector, you'll see an option under the 'Colour' section called 'Left Right Colours' This allows you to split the note vertically, given each half it's own colour and therefore function.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/note_inspector/left_right_colours.jpg

2a - The we have 'Custom Note Marker' in the example below, however it's currently limited to three characters, so may restrict you somewhat.

2b - The 'Text Box' example below is another way of achieving dual markers but it requires a little extra effort, you have to be careful when moving the fretboard and move everything together, customisation is pretty limited (text boxes are only square for example.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/images/zendesk/Inspector/note_inspector/dual-note-marker-ideas.png

Hopefully something in the above will help until we can add this functionality.

Regards
Dean

sealcove
09-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks Dean,

I was not aware of the left/right color option. That will probably work in this instance if I mark the boxes with a separate label above the fret board, though I would love the option for two notes on a fret in the future (and the ability to set parameters for them separately). Great software, thanks for the effort.

Douglas