PDA

View Full Version : can't be found when going from two to one monitor

proslambanomenos
10-13-2016, 03:35 PM
I work on a Win10 laptop that, when docked, is connected to two monitors: a 4k next to a 2k. When I'm working in Neck Diagrams, I have the Note and/or Fretboard Inspector flyout windows on the secondary screen. When I undock and move to single screen environment, the flyout windows "stay" on the secondary screen and can never be seen or used. Quitting and relaunching the program doesn't fix this. The only way I was able to fix this was to uninstall Neck Diagrams, delete the Roaming Profile directories, and Reinstall.

Steps to dupe:

1. Dock laptop, run Win10 in dual monitor mode.
2. Launch Neck Diagrams
3. Open the Note or Fretboard Inspector and drag the flyout window over to the secondary monitor.
4. Do stuff in the program.
5. Close the program and shutdown the computer.
6. Undock the laptop.
7. Run the laptop off of its own, single screen.
8. Run Neck Diagrams.
9. Open the Inspector window.
10. Try to find it.

Dean
10-14-2016, 12:41 AM
Hi

Me again ;) See you other post!

Thank you for your bringing this to our attention and providing such a clear breakdown. This really saves time for us trying to reproduce the problem. Plus we can recognise you're a technically proficient user of computers.

That said, please DO NOT delete the roaming profile directories. Currently this is where all of your ND docs are stored! Yes there is a backup.zip file and yes we are looking to change the default directory - but for now, that is where they're stored. That's how you get the thumbnails in the Diagram Gallery etc.

Instead, before you close down ND - try to remember to pull the Inspector to the default Windows display. If you ever forget, let us know and we'll provide an option to reset the Inspector launch position.

Thanks
Dean

proslambanomenos
10-14-2016, 06:31 AM
heh, okay. i just did it again today. i think i'm gonna have a hard time remembering to move that back over... please advise.

proslambanomenos
10-14-2016, 06:49 AM
i figured you were storing the inspector window coordinates in one of your xml files, so i hunted around and it looks like i found the setting in workbench.xml (see attached screenshot). with my secondary monitor oriented to the left when in dual-screen mode, it looks like ND writes a negative pixel offset, sending the flyout window way off screen when only using a single monitor. i changed the x and y values to 100 and there it is! so that's a good workaround in case i forget again in the future. thanks for your prompt replies. i'm loving your product.

Justin
10-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I've raised a ticket for this so we don't forget to get this sorted!

I don't suppose you tested the scenario of undocking whilst ND is running with the Inspector on the other monitor - wondering if the Inspector moves in that situation or you end up with the same scenario?