PDA

View Full Version : Rotating chord diagrams?

Matt 66
10-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Hi everybody!

Is it possible to rotate the chord diagrams 90 degrees, so that they have the same view like the scale diagrams (but with the chord name on top of it)?

Thank you!

Kind regards
Matt 66

Dean
10-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Hi Matt

Just trying to understand what you're trying to do as both the vertical or horizontal fretboards can be used to draw chords and scales, they don't have to be used for one or the other.

Is it that you've already created the vertical boards and now want a quick them to make them horizontal? Is so, there isn't a quick way to do this at the moment I'm afraid, the easiest way would be to copy and paste the note markers from the vertical boards to new horizontal boards.

However, do let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards
Dean

Matt 66
10-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Hi Dean!

Thank you for your reply. To be honest, I haven't installed it yet, but i surely will when i find some time to check it out in detail.
I was just wondering because all chord examples I've seen so far are vertical. And all the scale examples are horizontal. I prefer chords in a horizontal style, too. So you can compare scales and chords in the same position. I like big charts that show the CAGED system all over the entire fretboard AND the referring scales underneath. If I got you right that should be no problem. That's fine! :)

Once again thank you!

Regards
Matt 66

Dean
10-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Hi Matt

No problem. I'd recommend downloading the free trial version and having a play around when you get a chance. The 'Scale Generator' tool, which can easily draw both the individual CAGED shapes or entire scale across the board maybe of particular interest to you.

Regards
Dean

Skyblues
02-26-2018, 01:35 AM
A feature to rotate a vertical diagram to horizontal (and vice versa) would be fantastic. I've run into this scenario many times where I created a vertical diagram and then wanted to rotate it horizontal (and/or the opposite). That would be incredibly useful!

Dean
02-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Hi Skyblues - We're already onto this one for our next release. In fact, I might have just used this feature during some testing. Ssshhhhh!!!

Skyblues
02-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Awesome!!!