Chord diagrams in Scale Generator

I'd like to see an option for the ability to add an <ie> E Chord for the E Shape scale generator. A D chord for the D Shape etc.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi there - welcome to the forum

If I'm interpreting this correctly; you'd like ND to automatically creat a chord box showing relevant CAGED chord when using the Scale Generator. So you tell the SG to draw an E Ionian using the E CAGED shape and next to that fretbaord ND would place another fretbaord with the E chord, right?

Hmmm, or maybe you'd simply like chords to be available in the SG too?

I think we've already been asked for the first option and already have a ticket logged to introduce this in a future version. Likewise a chord generator / library is something we're really keen to add.

Do let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hi there - welcome to the forum

If I'm interpreting this correctly; you'd like ND to automatically creat a chord box showing relevant CAGED chord when using the Scale Generator. So you tell the SG to draw an E Ionian using the E CAGED shape and next to that fretbaord ND would place another fretbaord with the E chord, right?

Hmmm, or maybe you'd simply like chords to be available in the SG too?

I think we've already been asked for the first option and already have a ticket logged to introduce this in a future version. Likewise a chord generator / library is something we're really keen to add.

Do let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards
    Dean
    Hi Dean, you replied before I could delete the request. There would be no room with the chord being there for the Scale but I do like the idea of a Chord Generator. Thanks.

Chord generator would be nice feature.

Quote Originally Posted by kn4ud View Post
    Chord generator would be nice feature.
    Hi and welcome to the forum. One of the most requested features so definitely something we'll be supporting in a future version.

I'm glad to hear you're going to add a chord generator! I often use https://jguitar.com/ as the graphics can be very useful. One thing that's missing on that side is the ability to add fingering, notes, and chord degree (R, 3, 5, 7 etc) to the diagram. I think neckdiagrams could fix that by allowing all three to be displayed in the chord graphic which is incredibly helpful as a teaching tool.

thanks so much Dean for this fantastic program

Thread Information