Cool After 2 years of being a user.

Hi,

I have been using Neck diagrams for 2 years now.
    I'd like to suggest these features (or be helped find them if already exist).
    I believe they could make life more easier.

1- Add a preset signature of text, link or image that can be attached to any diagram in a pre-defined or custom position.
    2- Have a global option to automatically export a left-handed version of diagram while being exported normally, that could have some suffix added to the output file name.
    3- Ability to include clickable links in PDF version of exported diagrams.
    4- Ability to customize keyboard shortcuts.
    5- Ability to export multiple diagrams at once in both image and pdf formats with saved diagrams file names.

Thank you.

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to provide some suggestion for future features

1- Add a preset signature of text, link or image that can be attached to any diagram in a pre-defined or custom position.
    Creating a Custom Template can help with this. You can add your logo, author name, copyright notice etc; so these are already added to every page before you start creating. Templates are discussed in the help contents Help > Help Contents > Neck Diagrams > Concepts > Templates

2- Have a global option to automatically export a left-handed version of diagram while being exported normally, that could have some suffix added to the output file name
    I can see this saving the need for two copies of every document in ND, a right and a left-hand version. We'd need to work out how other objects on the page would be handled. Especially Lines, Shapes, Text Boxes and anything else that can be placed on a layer above the fretboard.

3- Ability to include clickable links in PDF version of exported diagrams.
    Yes, agreed. I'll see if we have anything logged for this and raise a ticket for our devs if not.

4- Ability to customize keyboard shortcuts.
    I can put this across to our devs but I know a lot of time and effort has gone into creating the short cuts we have already. Perhaps an option to create a few user-specific commands. Current shortcuts are listed in the Help section under Help > Help Contents > Neck Diagrams > Reference > Keyboard Shortcuts

5- Ability to export multiple diagrams at once in both image and pdf formats with saved diagrams file names.
    ND2 supports exporting multiple diagrams to single files but you cannot export to more than one format at a time, I'm afraid. I'm not sure of any app that can export to differnet formats simultaneously.
    Last edited by Dean; 04-19-2019 at 08:34 PM. Reason: changed 'can' for 'can not'

Speaking of shortcuts...

What about a shortcut for typing the diminished symbol ° ? You have one for half diminished, but not full diminished.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Thread Information