Problem entering custom labels

Neck Diagrams Version 2.0.3 FPR/1189/095b3aca

Windows 8.1

I'm creating diagrams with custom labels. I select the fretboard and set labels in the note markers section to custom. I input a note using the dot tool and use alt-shift-c to input a custom label. No problems so far.

About 3 notes into the process, every new note I input on the diagram automatically inputs that same note on the entire diagram. I can get it to stop doing that if I switch to the selection tool, select something and then switch back to the dot entry tool. Three or four notes later, it's back to doing it again.

Once the problem shows up, it happens on every diagram on the page.

I've attached the file I'm working in.

Circle of 5ths.fbd
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Hmm - holding down the ALT key when entering a note is a shortcut to create that note across all visible locations on the fretboard..

You're not holding onto the ALT key are you perhaps? Or is it getting jammed down maybe?!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I tried experimenting with functions in other programs that use the alt key and get no such problems. If my alt key is sticking it should show up elsewhere.

I've also tried using the alt key on the opposite side of the keyboard and get the same problem.

Also, the act of selecting a different tool and then returning to the dot entry tool clears the problem without ever touching the alt key again.

I've also closed the program, opened it again and created a brand new diagram and still get the same behavior.

Are you not able to replicate the problem?
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Thread Information