Copy/Paste Notes Changes Fretboard Dimensions

I'm copy and pasting notes from one fretboard to another and it changes the dimension of the target fretboard. Is there a way to lock diagram dimensions once you've laid everything out?

I see, the dimensions stay the same but the diagram narrows to allow for the dots/circles. I still think a more desirable behavior would be to have the diagram dimension stay the same even when you add the circles/dots as this potentially messes us the overall consistent look of the diagram grid.

Hi there,

I don't see this behavior when copying notes between fretboards. I can copy notes from one fretboard, adjust the scale of another fretboard and then paste the notes without any scaling issue.

I'll start again just in case

Hey Dean. The deeper issue is that the diagram dimensions are the overall dimension including the notations. What I feel the dimensions should be adjusting is ONLY the diagram. If this was the case, then adding/removing notations to diagrams would not result in diagrams of different sizes.

For example, try this:

1. create a document with two blank diagrams of the same size.
    2. leave one blank and add a chord to the next one that utilizes open strings on strings 1 and 6.
    3. Now, select the blank diagram first, then the one with the chord and "match width". You'll find that the one with the chord gets more narrow.

While this is technically "'working" in the sense that it's matching the overall width, what is left is a document with two diagrams of different dimensions which is, from a graphic design / layout perspective, undesirable.

Okay, so Copy/Paste Notes Changes Fretboard Dimensions is not true? It's something to do with using the match width or size tool?

Thread Information