Reload dialog box and root note error

latest ND version

Win 8.1

I'm in the middle of a huge project and keep encountering a dialog box when I try to save changes made to a file telling me another program has altered my file and do I want to reload it. (see attached image). This seems to be random.

If I click the "yes" button the file reloads and wipes out a bunch of the changes I've made. My solution has been to click "no", make at least one more change to the file and click save, again.

I don't know if using save under the file menu or ctrl-s makes any difference. I've been using the icon under the menu.

This is happening across appx 25 multi-page files that started life as one file where I used the scale generator to fill in the diagrams. I don't know if the scale generator has anything to do with it. I only mention it because this is the first time I've used that function rather than filling in everything by hand one note at a time.

A second glitch that may be related is that sometimes when opening a previously saved file, all the root notes are back to being red and I have to go through each page and change it to what I already had it set for when I originally saved the file. (see attached image)

I'm too busy trying to meet a deadline to pay attention to whether these are random events or consistent with some specific set of variable. I only know both keeps happening and happening often enough it's become very irritating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Thanks for uploading screenshots, that's very helpful - of course if you want to keep things less public feel free to email us!

Looks to me like you somehow have the same file opened twice - you've got two tabs showing the same filename. Although it could be that you have the same file in two different folders? But the popup would imply that it's exactly the same file twice - so when you save it in one tab the other tab will say the file changed!

You can double check the file locations by hovering over the filename in the tab - it'll show a small hover popup with the full file path.

I'd suggest closing both tabs and then reopening the file again from the Diagram Gallery - making sure you're indeed opening the file you think you edited/saved last!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thanks for uploading screenshots, that's very helpful - of course if you want to keep things less public feel free to email us!

Looks to me like you somehow have the same file opened twice - you've got two tabs showing the same filename. Although it could be that you have the same file in two different folders? But the popup would imply that it's exactly the same file twice - so when you save it in one tab the other tab will say the file changed!

You can double check the file locations by hovering over the filename in the tab - it'll show a small hover popup with the full file path.

I'd suggest closing both tabs and then reopening the file again from the Diagram Gallery - making sure you're indeed opening the file you think you edited/saved last!

They are different files with similar but different names.

This issue has been happening over weeks with 25+ files open and closed and the program itself opened and closed every day.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Are you using OneDrive perhaps? We had a user report this sort of thing with OneDrive. Turns out it triggers excessive file changed notifications even when nothing has actually changed!

We're including a change that handles this in the upcoming 2.1 release.

If you can email us your logfiles that would be useful, and we can provide you with access to the latest 2.1 release candidate build.

• select the Neck Diagrams 2 > About Neck Diagrams top level menu
    • click the Export Log... button
    • save the ZIP file as prompted to your desktop or another chosen folder and then attach to an email to us
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Not using OneDrive, just files saved in a folder under my documents in windows.

I've emalied the log file.

Received, thanks! Jumping over to email now..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information