Threaded View

Reload dialog box and root note error

latest ND version

Win 8.1

I'm in the middle of a huge project and keep encountering a dialog box when I try to save changes made to a file telling me another program has altered my file and do I want to reload it. (see attached image). This seems to be random.

If I click the "yes" button the file reloads and wipes out a bunch of the changes I've made. My solution has been to click "no", make at least one more change to the file and click save, again.

I don't know if using save under the file menu or ctrl-s makes any difference. I've been using the icon under the menu.

This is happening across appx 25 multi-page files that started life as one file where I used the scale generator to fill in the diagrams. I don't know if the scale generator has anything to do with it. I only mention it because this is the first time I've used that function rather than filling in everything by hand one note at a time.

A second glitch that may be related is that sometimes when opening a previously saved file, all the root notes are back to being red and I have to go through each page and change it to what I already had it set for when I originally saved the file. (see attached image)

I'm too busy trying to meet a deadline to pay attention to whether these are random events or consistent with some specific set of variable. I only know both keeps happening and happening often enough it's become very irritating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - Frank Zappa

Thread Information